Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This is shocking!

And not in a "just got tased" kind of way. More in the, "I can't believe I don't weigh 900 pounds" kind of way.

While I was making my daily trip through Ronsonville , I read this post about Ronson's new obsession with food and the calories they contain. Ronson's new calorie obsession quickly became my own calorie obsession, and thanks to the link he provided, I was face to face with this terrible realization:

Little did I know that a delicious steak burrito with some cheese on it and a side of chips and salsa was a fat attack wrapped in a tortilla at a whopping 1415 calories. Add a can of Coke to that meal, which is pretty standard for me, and that jumps up to nearly 1600 calories! That leaves me with only 400 calories for the rest of the day.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 2313 mg of sodium in one meal can't be good. It just seems like a lot.

On the upside, there is 57 g of protein, which seems good, so I've got that going for me. And I'm getting 70% of my Vitamin A for the day, and Vitamin A is good, right? I mean, it is a vitamin.

But still, it's way more unhealthy for me than I thought it was. Unfortunately, this new information probably won't change my eating habits one bit, but it's good to know, I guess.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ronson said...

Your burrito is making me feel sooo much better about my 858 cal powerhouse. Hey, at least you're getting your Vitamin A.

Love this site, btw, I just plug in random burrito scenarios to see what happens. It's usually bad news...

February 2, 2007 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger warnickart.com said...

yep, makes me wonder how many calories were in my all star special from waffle house today. 1 waffle(plenty of syrup & butter), two eggs scrambled, 3 strips of delicious, greasy bacon, and grits & toast. i also had a cherry coke (old fashioned cherry with the syrup) with a refill.

February 2, 2007 at 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can it tell me how many calories were in my chocolate-dipped cannoli from yesterday?

Hmm. Never mind. I don't need to know, especially since I only burn 222 calories during my "agonizing" workout on the treadmill.

February 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home