Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Latest Obsession: Nike Plus

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Nike Plus kit so I could track my running. If you haven't seen one, it's basically a sensor you put in your shoe and a chip you plug into your iPod that tracks the distance and time of your runs. They only work with iPod Nanos, so even though I already have a perfectly good iPod, I went out and bought a Nano, just so I could use the Nike Plus.

So for slightly under $250 I have everything I need to eliminate the tedious process of writing down in a notebook - with a pen - how long and how far I've run. I'm sure I'm saving at least 30 seconds a day not having to do that!

What a foolish purchase, you might be saying to yourself. No way, it was totally worth it because now I'm totally addicted to running. Well, not so much the running as seeing the stats from my run when I'm done.

I've run twice with it now, and it's tracking all my miles and time. It could be the best thing ever.




This is my run from this morning.



If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. It’s so choice.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Looks like ya slacked off on your mileage there on your second run.

Does Nike+ yell at you when you do that?

January 27, 2007 at 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even cooler than that is posting regularly on your blog and watching the comments stack up. Hmmmmm?

January 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why yes, actually you can program it to give you verbal feedback. Except instead of yelling at you, it can tell you how awesome and fast you are.

January 29, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That. Is. Awesome.

Now I'm gonna have to get a damn nano, and the chip, and the shoes, and Nike pinches my feet, and running with music throws off my pace ...

But damn, that's pretty sweet.

Also sweet: the random Ferris-ness at the end.

February 7, 2007 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

K-Hud,

Glad someone caught the Ferris reference at the end! :)

Also, I don't have the special Nike shoes, I just have a little pouch for the sensor that velros on to my shoe of choice and works just as well. The pouch also comes with a sport sleeve for my Nano. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/2ua8z4

February 9, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home